So I was sent a maquette to shoot in two versions, french and english. I gathered the material needed to shoot the concept and gave it a first try. I basically replicated the maquette, gave it my personal signature then submitted it for approval. The reaction was good, very good. But the client now felt we could further the concept, changing some elements to make it slicker, adding more depth to the image.
Two or three months separated both installments as I was working non-stop over the summer on various projects. It’s not that I was lacking the motivation, I was just lacking the time to immerse myself once more into the project. But about a week ago, before I left for the third time towards Toronto, I used up all of my week-end girlfriend points to built the new decor and re-shoot the concept based on a new design from the art director.
After the shoot, I sent the necessary files to a retoucher and 3D artist I’m starting to work with for retouching and 3D integration. We had some back and forth with the agency and we’ll be delivering the shot this Monday, after a 5 months process!
The image should be published shortly in a local publication and submitted to contests. In the process, I was able to create new ties not only with an art director but also with an awesome digital artist with whom I’d like to work on a more regular basis. Not that I don’t like retouching, but because I want to shoot more and because he’s better than me! But don’t say it out loud!