The week started off planning a 3 day shoot, creating an Olympics related ad series that will go to print very soon. I find planning composition work to be very creative and exciting! We had two different locations to scout and shoot to create plates onto which we would later composite characters. We moved on to shooting talent in studio and on location. Many layers were planned to join background and foreground.
The most fun shoot was actually in the pool! We had a beautiful sunny day with partial clouds. We would adapt and shoot in either conditions. I was really pleased with the lighting. We followed the plan to perfection, testing the limits of our gear in a natural light setting.
We had built a basic Aquarium Underwater Case since we didn’t have the budget to pickup a nice high-end case that could house a MarkIII and a Profoto Transmitter. We shot tethered with the underwater camera and in-camera with the above water cam.
After a controlled sunburn, the shoot was over and the first tests were conclusive. We are now in the retouching phase, working with Gabriel and Lucas from VisualBox to patch all the layers together. I think we have two great visuals coming up. Exactly the kind of work I am seeking and in wich I excel.
Working with an inspired art director and a great cast is always a pleasure. Looking forward to the final result as it will fit in nicely to my advertising portfolio. Just a few days left before the Olympics, so expect to see the images soon!